6:41 PM

So I have debated about posting this story, but I just can't help myself.  It might be TMI for some of you so readers beware.

I was overdue for my yearly woman check-up.  No biggie right?  I have, in the past, had fairly good experiences and I wasn't hardly worried at all about the exam.  Been there done that.  So as I walk back to the exam room after checking in and paying a co-pay for this uncomfortable visit I pass by a doctor who I thought I recognized.  Nah, how would I know ANY doctors out in Utah, right?  WRONG!  As soon as I realized who it was I started to panic.  Deep breaths, deep breaths.  He's a doctor.  Totally professional.  And he might not even be my doctor right?  Wrong again.  After a knock on the door Ryan's male COUSIN, who I have seen multiple times and who I will AGAIN see at family functions walks though the door.  The whole reason why I go to this practice is because I never see the same doctor for this exam!  Yet here I am face to face with Ryan's cousin and I'm just suppose to spread 'em!  I am trying not to laugh because at this point I was either going to laugh or cry and I was about to be embarrassed enough so I decided to just laugh it off.  He was so nice and very professional and asked if I wanted another doctor.  At this point I didn't want to be rude and I wasn't too bothered...if I didn't think about it too much...so I said it was fine with me if it was fine with him.  He was great and very helpful with some other health issues I had questions with so overall it wasn't too bad.  I just don't know how I'm going to feel when I see him again.  I am going to have to try not to EVER think about how he saw me totally naked.  Perfect.  Luckily my breast exam was done last year so he said I was good to go until next year.  The boobs were safe.  Sigh.  I must have angered the medical Gods because I seriously do not embarrass easily but I definitely got a little pink in the cheeks.  Next time I'll make sure to check if any of my relatives are on call before I head on over to bare all.  Lesson learned.      

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

I'm a Mormon.

Flickr Images