4:48 PM

So a few of my friends have been wanting me to post some more recipes on the blog.  I really love to cook and thought I was a good cook until I Ryan and I got married.  One cooked meal a week does not a cook make.  So in our quest to eat healthy I have been cooking a ton more and am finally finding little tricks of the trade.  I haven't ever burned anything or had anything be inedible, but I think my chicken is more juicy and things are becoming more flavorful without heaping on butter and salt.  Here is a recipe I found on Gina's Weight Watcher's Recipes.  No I'm not on a diet, but I want to make healthy foods to help me feel better inside and out.
What you need:

2 tsp Olive Oil
2 lbs Shrimp (I got shrimp pre-shelled and deviened)
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
2 limes (it only called for one but I used two)
salt and pepper

Heat your pan to medium-high and pour in your oil.  Wait until your pan is hot then add shrimp.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook for about 2 minutes then flip shrimp and add garlic.  Cook for a few more minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.  I then transferred the shrimp into a mixing bowl and added the juice of two limes and the fresh cilantro.  Toss and enjoy!  Seriously, if I can do it so can you!  

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

I'm a Mormon.

Flickr Images