4:03 PM

This post may be a little random, but my Mom is dying for a post and to be honest, nothing that exciting has happened in the past few days, but for my mother's sake I will chit chat about a few things that have been on my mind.

Vacation
Ryan and I have been trying to save money and so our vacations this year will be quite limited.  With my new job I'm fairly certain we will stay here for Christmas as well so it is no surprise I have been counting down the days until our Arizona trip!!  Soon we will be living it up with our friends in desert paradise and I will not even feel bad about missing a few days of work.  Sometimes your sanity is more important than money...but money is always good too.  I will be posting lots of pics when that time comes.

Resident Assistants
One huge blessing in our lives is our R.A. position at our apartment complex.  Working down our rent has helped tremendously with our finances and has been a great experience so far.  While not in school, Ryan has taken the brunt of the responsibilities doing check-outs while posting our fliers and doing 2 building's cleaning checks.  We are also having to work the clubhouse about 4 or 5 times a month.  Since technically only one of us is getting paid Ryan has been sweet enough to give me a break once and a while.  Still the job has kept us on our toes and has been a great experience overall.

Television
Evenings are Ryan and I's time to spend together.  We love to cook and relax with our FRIENDS...i.e the TV show.  I seriously have seen all 10 seasons of friends probably 20 times.  sad, but true.  But the show is a classic and it still cracks me up, even now.  We have gotten addicted to many other shows since getting together.  House, Lie to Me, Castle, LOST, Cougar Town, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice...just to name a few.  I think you get the picture that we really enjoy our TV watching.  Don't get me  wrong...we are active too and have been too busy in the past to catch these shows as they are scheduled...insert DVR.  Oh if I could hug the inventor of DVR!  It has been great because we may be busy during the week, but whenever we have time we can lay in the comfort of our own bed and watch our shows til our hearts desire.  Sigh.  Whoever said television was bad did not have DVR.

LOST
Though I have just posted a whole paragraph about TV I feel like I need to lay LOST to rest.  Ryan and I were introduced to the show last summer and would spend hours and hours catching up on the then 5 seasons of the show.  We would stay up late and even act like we were "busy" so we could stay at home and marathon watch as many episodes as possible.  I can say, by far this is the best show I have ever seen on TV.  I know there are skeptics out there, or people who stopped watching after a few seasons, but you are doing yourself a disservice by not watching this show until the end.  I suggest watching it on DVD/Internet because it was so much easier to understand and follow when the episodes are back to back.  I really enjoyed the finale, but it took  me a few hours to digest everything.  I even dreamed about it last night.  I really started to think about what happened and each character and I was so moved by how the writers pulled everything together.  No, they have not all been dead since the plane crash, no, they will not answer every stupid question you have, but it will answer questions about humanity and stay true to what this show is really all about, it's characters.  I know there are a lot of haters out there and a lot of people are angry or still very confused, but when you truly understand what the writers were trying to say I don't believe anyone can hate LOST.  They left it up for interpretation, but my interpretation was that Jacob brought people to the island that had hardly anything going for them.  He chose his candidates because they were like him...alone.  The Island became their home, their life and it brought these characters together in a unique way.  Their life on the island was real and though we don't get too may answers in regard to the light, what it is, why Jacob needed to protect it, or the island's unique powers, I believe these are all things based upon faith.  Science and faith played a huge roll in the show and as each character was featured I do believe the story started and ended with Jack and his test.  I do believe Jack passed his test and started as a man of science and ended a man of faith.  The sideways life was real, but everyone in this life had passed on.  They didn't necessarily die on the island, but had passed whether on the island or sometime long after.  The sideways life was the Lostie's way of meeting up again to pass on to their next phase of life, however you interpret this will probably be based upon your religion.  They needed each other to help remember their life, i.e their flashbacks, on the island and then to be reunited and to move on.  I thought it was beautifully done and am sad to see it over, but I will always have fond memories of the show.  Love it!

Callings
Ryan and I are teaching the Teacher Development class in our ward.  It has been so fun having a calling together.  We have both had busy callings in the past and it has been so relaxing to prepare a lesson together, give the leeson and come home on Sunday and relax.  I love this class and Ryan and I are excited to get people involved and learn how to be better teachers.  My mom told me to live it up because it may be the only time Ryan and I have have a calling together.  Believe me I am!

Sorry for the word vomit post...hopefully I have made my mother happy :)  

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

I'm a Mormon.

Flickr Images